Well Mind Gratitude
When you’re on the road and regularly away from home, practicing GRATITUDE will prepare your mind to be focused, productive and well every day.
Why it matters
- GRATITUDE is when you purposely think about something you are thankful for.
- Science shows that focusing on being thankful stops thoughts that are stressful and thoughts that make you worry.
What should I do?
- Think of a PERSON you are grateful for.
- Pull up a picture of that person in your mind.
- Take 10 seconds to experience how you feel when you think about that person.
- Think of a small PLEASURE you have experienced.
- It could be something as small as a glimpse of blue sky.
- Take 10 seconds to experience how you feel when you remember the small pleasure.
- Think of a new idea for the future that popped into your head as you slept or as you go through your day – think of an idea that holds PROMISE for the future.
- Take 10 seconds to experience how you feel when you think about the PROMISE for the future.