Well Mind Affirmation
When you’re on the road and regularly away from home, practising AFFIRMATION will prepare your mind to be focused, productive and well every day.
Why it matters
- AFFIRMATIONS are short, powerful, positive statements of ACTION that you start your day with and repeat through the day.
- Repeating affirmations when you first wake up tells your brain how you want to live through your day. (takes 30 seconds).
- Repeating affirmations through the day keeps you focused and productive. (takes 10 seconds).
- Repeat affirmations while you are driving or at a rest stop.
What should I do?
- Prepare your affirmation in advance.
- Write your affirmation in your phone or a small notebook you can keep in your pocket. Your affirmation should be a short, sharp and focused on now (I am instead of I’m going to).
- List your negative qualities and flip them in your affirmations: if you are stressed and angry your affirmation could be “I am stress free and calm”.
- Experiment with how different affirmations make you feel. Choose the affirmation that leads to you feeling focused and confident.
- As you repeat your affirmation, imagine yourself as that person. If your affirmation is “I am stress-free and calm” – imagine yourself as that stress-free and calm person.
- Repeat your affirmation with energy and a smile (science shows this magnifies the benefits of your affirmation).
- Make your affirmation part of your routine. Repeat your affirmation as though you mean it (with energy and a smile), even when you don’t feel like you mean it. (“Fake it till you make it”).
- Repeat the affirmation throughout the day – schedule it. Team it with taking deep breaths for double benefit.
- Change your affirmations when you need to flip a different negative quality about yourself.